*Hindu Rights to Survive with Dignity & Sovereignty *Join Hindu Freedom Movement to make Hindu Rashtra *Jai Shri Ram *Jayatu Jayatu Hindu Rashtram *Editor: Upananda Brahmachari.
AHMEDABAD || PTI || Apr 10, 2012 :: In a big relief for Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi, the Supreme Court-appointed SIT has given him a clean chit in the post-Godhra Gulberg massacre case and sought its closure as it found no evidence against him. “According to SIT, no offence has been established against any of the 58 persons listed in Zakia’s complaint,” metropolitan magistrate M S Bhatt said in his order on Tuesday on a batch of petitions in which Zakia Jafri, widow of former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri who was among 69 persons killed in the Gulberg society carnage, had named Modi and 57 others for alleged criminal conspiracy in the 2002 riots. The court ordered that a copy of the Special Investigation Team (SIT) report and related documents be given to Zakia within 30 days, giving her the right to pursue her private criminal complaint against Modi and others. It will now have to decide whether to accept or reject the closure report after hearing the complainant. “Therefore, as per the Supreme Court’s order and principles of natural justice the complainant has to be given copy of the report and related documents,” it said, adding no notice was needed to be issued to Zakia as she had already approached the court seeking a copy of the report. “It is hereby ordered that as per Supreme Court order Zakia will be given copies of the investigation report, statements of witnesses and all related documents within 30 days of this order.” Zakia had filed a complaint against Modi, his ministerial colleagues, top police officials and BJP functionaries accusing them of wider conspiracy in the riots in which more than 1,000 people, mostly Muslims, had been killed. But, Zakia and Teesta Groups failed against Modi conviction and Truth triumphs. Read the original report here in TOI.
Godhra and aftermath :: Verdict Chronicle.
Godhra (Panchamahal, Gujarat) Carnage: 59 people were killed on February 27, 2002.
Sardarpura (Mehsana, Gujarat) village Carnage: 33 people were killed on March 1, 2002.
Ode village (Anand, Gujarat) Carnage: 24 people were killed on March 1-2, 2002.
Gulbarga (Chamanpura, Ahmedabad, Gujarat) Carnage: 69 people were killed on Feb 28, 2002.
Pending big Post Godhra Carnage in Gujarat: Naroda Patiya on Feb 28-1 March, 2002 (where 95 persons were killed), Naroda Gam on Feb 28, 2002 (where 11 persons were killed), Dipda Darwaja-Visnagar on Feb 28, 2002 (where 32 persons were killed) and so on.
Courtesy: TOI | TIMES NOW | THE HINDU | ZEE NEWS | ALL CONCERNED.