[…] Source Link […]
*Hindu Rights to Survive with Dignity & Sovereignty *Join Hindu Freedom Movement to make Bharat Hindu Rashtra within 2025 *Jai Shri Ram *Jayatu Jayatu Hindu Rashtram *Editor: Upananda Brahmachari.
~ by Upananda Brahmachari
Dr. Sachi Ghosh Dastidar’s book Empire’s Last Casualty: Indian Subcontinent’s Vanishing Hindu and Other Minorities a study of effects of religious communalism on a pluralistic, tolerant, multi-religious society. It focuses on the loss of indigenous, Hindu population from die land of their ancestors; and on changes brought about since a multi-religious progressive region of Colonial British India was partitioned in 1947, and its effects on Hindu and nun-Muslim (Buddhist and Christian) minorities, on pluralism and on indigenous cultures.
After Britain’s Muslim-Hindu partition of Bengal Province Past Bengal became Muslim-majority East Pakistan, a part of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, unleashing regular, merciless anti-Hindu pogroms by intolerant Islamists. West Bengal remained in India, with Muslim minority and ever-growing massive Bengali Hindu refugee who turned towards left extremism.
Following a 1971 war of independence against West Pakistan, Bangladesh gained independence, creating the second largest Muslim-majority nation. That war was concurrently anti-Hindu anti-Bengali genocide by Islamic Republic’s army and its Bengali and Urdu speaking Islamist allies.
The book documents the decade-wise “missing” Hindus from Bangladesh Census: over 49 million; larger than 163 of 189 nations listed in World Bank’s April 2003 World Development indicators database-and over 3.1 million (larger than 75 of 189 nations) Hindus lost their lives through the process of Islamization.
Documenting three million-plus lost lives have been painful and difficult; especially when Hindus cremate their dead. Additionally rivers of the world’s largest delta washed away signs of mass murder leaving no clue. All attempts have been made to justify the data presented in the book, hardly-known to the world and rarely discussed in Bengal itself.
A further studies in Dr. Sabyasachi Ghosh-Dastidar’s present book reveals the truth about the vanishing Hindus from the Indian subcontinent in the connotation of prevailing perspective in the following ways.
Genocide and persecution
Only a few centuries ago, Hindu religion and culture used to reverberate from Afghanistan to Indonesia. Indian sub-continent including the present day India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Afghanistan and even Zabol in Iran was Hindu land, and had no Muslim presence till Muhammad bin Qasim’s Arab army attacked Sindh in 711. After repeated invasions, Hindus lost the present day Afghanistan to Muslims in 987. And the areas now known as Pakistan and Bangladesh were lost to Muslims in 1947.
Pakistan comprised of two segments: East Pakistan and West Pakistan. In 1971, East Pakistan became Bangladesh, a separate country. Both Pakistan and Bangladesh have been declared as Islamic republics.
Hindus have always been threatened and discriminated against in Pakistan and Bangladesh on religious grounds. Though in 1947, Hindus accounted for 24 per cent of the present day Pakistan’s population, now the numbers less than two per cent. Situation is equally grave in Bangladesh where Hindus numbered 31 per cent in 1947, but now number nine per cent. Most of the Hindus / Sikhs have either been driven out, or have been killed or forcibly converted in Pakistan and Bangladesh. However, in India, the present percentage of Muslim population is much higher than that was in 1947.
Pakistan and Bangladesh have never explained what they have done to their Hindu population.
Hindus suffer constant threats to their lives, security and property in Pak-Bangla lands. Many Hindu temples have been desecrated and destroyed in Pakistan and Bangladesh. There are regular reports of illegal encroachments on Hindu temples and lands, looting of Hindu property, discrimination, persecution, molestation and abduction of Hindu girls both in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
During 1970 and 1971, Hindus in East Pakistan (present Bangladesh) underwent massive massacres by the Pakistani army and its collaborators. Over two million Hindus are reported to have been killed in East Pakistan during 1970 and 1971 leading to Indo-Pak war in 1971. Besides, countless Hindu women were dishonoured and kidnapped during this period.
As per Dr. Sabyasachi Ghosh-Dastidar’s book, Empire’s last casualty: Indian subcontinent’s vanishing Hindu and other minorities, over three million Hindus have been killed in the process of Islamisation in the area now known as Bangladesh (formerly East Pakistan) since India was Partitioned in 1947. This loss of three million lives remain suppressed from the world.
Even now, Hindus are facing genocide, terror, persecution, dishonour and atrocities in Bangladesh every day. And there is selective killing of Hindu judges, professionals, teachers, lawyers and civil servants in Bangladesh to smash Hindu resistance.
Human rights organisations like Amnesty International are silent spectators of this blatant ethnic cleansing of millions of Hindus.
Forcible conversions and marriages
The alarming trend of Muslims kidnapping young Hindu girls and forcibly marrying them to Muslims is tormenting Hindus in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Though Pak-Bangla media may occasionally report such atrocities, main stream media in India remains silent in this regard. To illustrate the dismal situation, just one such example is given here. It was reported in Pakistan’s premier English daily ‘The Dawn’ dated November 3, 2005 that 19 Hindu girls mostly from Punjab Colony, Karachi were missing from their homes. Relatives of these girls believed that they had been kidnapped and were being forced to change their religion, the press release added.
Columnist Irfan Husain’s write up entitled “Conversion Losses” published in The Dawn dated December 3, 2005 relates the tragedy of Hindu parents in Karachi whose three young daughters Reena, Usha and Rima of marriageable age vanished in October, 2005. In a few days, the shocked parents received a courier package containing three identical affidavits from their daughters stating that they had converted to Islam and, therefore, could not live with their Hindu parents. And father of the girls just wailed, “We just sit and stare at each other. For us, life is over.”
And this hopeless situation can be the fate of any Hindu parent in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
Kidnappings and killings
Even during the last few months, thousands of Hindus have been forced to flee Pakistan, and take shelter in India.
Increasing incidents of kidnappings, robberies and forcible conversion have rattled Hindu community in Pakistan and Bangladesh. Those unable to pay the ransom are just killed. Hindu film maker Satish Anand’s kidnapping in Karachi and recent release after payment of a huge ransom is just one of such countless examples.
In April, 2009 Sikhs in Karzai in Pakistan were targeted to pay fifty million rupees as Jazia, the tax levied on non-Muslims. As the victims could not pay the said Jazia, their houses were looted and destroyed.
Discrimination and dispossession
Discrimination against Hindus is a fact of life as also a fact of law in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
As per Constitution of Pakistan, only a Muslim can be the President or Prime Minister of Pakistan. As per Bangladeshi Constitution too, only a Muslim can be the head of the state.
The Vested Property Act was passed in 1965 as “Enemy Property Act” in Pakistan. This law legitimised confiscation of Hindu property. After emergence of Bangladesh in 1971, this Act was renamed as the Vested Property Act in Bangladesh, and the state was made the owner of the Hindus’ property. This Act has legitimised the forfeiture of millions of acres of ancestral Hindu lands. And Hindu lands and properties are being taken over by the government (under the Vested Property Act) to be distributed among Muslims.
In 1950, Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan signed an agreement called the Nehru Liaqat Pact under which both the governments undertook to protect life, liberty, religion and safety of the minorities in each other’s country.
But the government in India is doing nothing in the ongoing genocide and deprivation of Hindus in Pakistan and Bangladesh.
It is the Indian government’s legal and moral duty to ensure that as per the Nehru-Liaqat Pact of 1950, and as per the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Pakistan and Bangladesh treat their minorities in a human manner. India must also ask Bangladesh to repeal the Vested Properties Act, and restore the lands and properties of Hindus to Hindus.
The United Nations Commission on Human Rights must also be approached to redeem the situation. Denial of human rights to Hindus violates UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, 1948.
In Pakistan and Bangladesh, Hindus have only the right to suffer and right to silence. Shockingly, the tragedy of Hindus of Pakistan and Bangladesh remains untold by Indian main stream media.
India’s callous inaction regarding the pathetic plight of Pak-Bangla Hindus is disgusting. Killing of Hindus in Pakistan, in Bangladesh or even in India is not taken seriously by main stream media, by government or by various political parties or by human rights industry in India.
Is it because for some sections in India, only the terrorists, anti-nationals and Pak-Bangla infiltrators are entitled to fundamental and human rights?
Will India ever act to save Hindus in Pakistan and Bangladesh ?
This is an unfinished story to finish the Hindu race by Islamist Jihasdists in Pakistan and Bangladesh. The Hindu-Buddhist race in the Indian sub-continent is decaying after facing the barbaric onslaught of Islam.
Publisher: Firma KLM Publishers, Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Price: $ 29 (Please call 609-448-7225 to procure a copy, or Muktadhara Booksellers of New York at 718-565-7258; or check Internet.)
Input : http://www.imperialcasualty.blogspot.com [ ISBN: 81-7102-151- 4 ] and Helpless Hindus of Pakistan and Bangladesh
Thanks for this great information.
Please visit : http://www.BangladeshNews24.com
BANGLADESHnews24.com delivers breaking news from across the globe and information on the latest top stories, business, sports and entertainment headlines. Follow the news as it happens through: special reports, videos, audio, photo galleries plus interactive maps and timelines.
BANGLADESHnews24.com provides latest daily news from Prothom Alo, Ittefaq, Amader Shomoy, Jugantor, Bhorer Kagoj, Naya Diganta, JanaKantha, Deener sheshey, Samakal, Manabzamin, The New Nation, Amardesh, Kalerkantho, Desh_Bangla, Noakhali_Online, Ananda_Bazar, DailyStar, NewAge, Bangladesh_Today, News_Today, BDnews24 and more…
This is really terrific………!
The problems of Islam
I recently chanced upon a Bengali book entitled “Santrash Protirodhay Islam”. The English translation of the name will be ‘Islam in defense against terrorism’. The book was published by Islamic Foundation of Bangladesh. After reading the theoretical bla…. bla…bla, certain points raised in my mind:
1. What proportion of Bangladeshi Muslims has been following the contents of the said book or is allowed to follow? Principles of Islam, as written in the book, are universally true. But does majority of Bangladeshi Muslims know, understand or inculcate these principles.
2. Islam is, no doubt, a religion of peace and so are other religions. No religion preaches violence. Thus there is nothing special with Islam. The problem starts with the “holier than thou” interpretation of Islam. Difference is the law of nature including religious affiliations. Why Islam can not accept this fact and live and let live?
3. The second weakness in the interpretation of Islam is its tendency to extrapolate the sixth century ‘jahiliat’ of Arabia to the whole world for all time to come till every body becomes Muslim. Why all present day Muslim countries are not heavens? Why there is heaven and hell socio-economic disparity between Saudi Arabia and Bangladesh?
4. In Indian sub-continent, Islam was mainly spread by Sufis and Saints. Mostly the down trodden and low caste Hindus converted to Islam because of them who preached equality, love and universal brotherhood of Islam. This is particularly true for Bangladesh. But today, the hard core Sunni disowns those saints. By the by, does a Bangladeshi Muslim is regarded as equal by a Saudi Muslim? What are the meanings of Azlaf and Ashraf?
5. I fail to understand How Bangladesh has been benefited after being promulgated as Islamic country? Has the crime rate gone down? Has number of poor people reduced? Are political parties free from corruption? It has only helped the semiliterate Mullahs to control the psyche of the people for rituals, intolerance and Jihad. Does Islam permit to persecute the religious minorities in Bangladesh?
6. The theft of 200 tolas of gold from Dhakeshwari Temple in Dhaka (Bangladesh capital) during January 2011 was as heinous a crime as desecration of a mosque. But what is the reaction of Bangladeshi Muslims? Majority must be happy for the blow it gave to Hindus’ religious sentiment. Is it Islam? Read page 37 of above-mentioned book.
7. When USSR invaded Afghanistan, the Afghans had all reason and right to drive USSR out. But, why a religious hue was given to those resistance fighters leading to dark aged Talibanisation? If one is not a good human being how can one be a good Muslim?
8. Even after the time of Prophet (pbuh), Islam remained truly a religion of peace, harmony and justice during early Khylafat. With the passage of time, Khalifas lost political control and became only a titular head of Islamic world. Terror and intolerance were attached to Islam by the Central Asian Turk, Mongol and Afghan Muslim invaders. Indian sub-continent saw the carnages caused by many of those invaders over a long period from Sultan Mahmud of Ghazni to Afghan Abdali. Following each invasion, they returned back with booty and thousand of Hindus as slaves from India. Many present day Talibans may trace back their ancestors in Hindus of old Punjab who were taken as slaves.
9. Wahhabi movement in nineteenth century preached pure and original form of Islam and inculcated certain degree of orthodoxy. The third problem in the interpretation of Islam started from that point. Since Islam is accepted as complete way of life and since the Prophet (pbuh) claimed himself to be the last in the chain, orthodoxy, staticness and intolerance have become the main sources of inspiration for majority Muslims who started suffering from ‘adjustment disorder’ in the modern socio-political context with other religions. They justify their terror activities or oppressions of religious minorities in the name of Jihad.
10. The fourth problem is connected with the hating of Western materialistic life style by the orthodox Muslims. This is an attempt of psychological extrapolation of sixth century Arabian poverty to present day. Why the reach Arabs do not live in the tents pitched in oasis surrounded by camels? Has anybody compelled them to live with all Western amenities?
11. Tablighi activities in Indian sub-continent since 1926 have the positive side to reinstall and teach Islam and its rituals to Muslim mass. However, in the process Muslims find themselves as an ‘excusive group’ very different from other religions. How with this mind set a Muslim can adjust in a pluralistic world of global village today? Do Tablighi activities include teaching of respecting other religions also? This is a million dollar question. This is the fifth problem of interpretation of Islam.
12. Osama bin laden was an US stooge during the fight against USSR in Afghanistan. He started treating US as enemy when Saudi Arabia sought US help in its soil during first Gulf war. Osama took the help of US infidels to fight USSR infidels in Afghanistan but could not accept the Saudi compulsion of bringing US infidels to the holy soil of Arabia for its own protection. What more a pathological state of mind could it be? The concept of infidels in Islam borders extreme intolerance. This, however, does not dilute the unwanted big brother and muscle flexing attitude and actions of US everywhere in the world.
13. I believe in idol worship and that is why I accept it as a fact that Holy Qur’an was revealed to Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) by Allah. If I don’t believe in the first, how can I believe in the second one? If I laugh at idol worship, I should also laugh at the ‘hot line communication’ between Arabic speaking Allah and the Prophet Mohammad (pbuh).
So long the interpreters and followers of orthodox Islam will not learn to honour other religions it will not be honoured by others. It has to shed its ‘holier than thou’ attitude and try to live in a complex pluralistic society of 21st century. Muslims around the world today can not live in the dream house of sixth or seventh century Saudi Arabia.
Truly said Dr J Bhattacharjee.
This is not terrific. Its terrifying..
I can guess the country named India will be “ceased to exits” in near future thanks to the Indian middle and high class mentality and the “so called” Indian politicians who for vote try to appease the muslim population in India .
The “so called” Indian human rights and amnesty international must do things to unmask Muslim fundamentalist in Pakistan and Bangladesh for thier attrocities on hindus over 60 years in Pakistan and bangladesh
We all know that Indian politicians and people cannot do any thing to save these because unfortunately they are cowards
“shame on Indian politicians and Indian people”
49 millions? If it is not a great lie of the century, I should be ashamed as a Muslim perpetrator.
I know that this is not a deed only to trick and provoke the innocent Hindus againt Muslims.
I should read the book of Dr Sachi Ghosh Dastidar. You also.
Hindus themselves are responsible for thier gradual Vanishing…
We feed Muslims and they kill us….
Its alarming now
Really shocking. eith this attitude , we are subjected to fate of OSAMA only. Let us Protect every religion , this should be true Islam. If we don’t have to bow to anybody, we should hav the same feeling for others.
Shame on our brothers if they have really done this.
With respect I beg to say that you and all Hindus will win against these bastered Muslim ‘harame’ at last.
Aapki sada jay ho…………
hinduism is the oldest religion.we wont allow this islamic terrorism.
To save hindus join RSS.
all hindu should unite. do not vote any party who support muslim because hindu are treated as dog in any muslim countries. hate these bloody muslim m-t-e-f-k-r. . jai hind. long live hindu existence. long live india.
I understand that RSS is trying to protect and defend the Hindu religion but I do not see them saying that all Hindus are born equal.
Just look at the rise in Muslim population in India.Does RSS have any idea how to tackle this rising population bcos the Congress and the leftist and the socilaist parties will do nothing but appease the so called minorities .
The ony reason why Hindus are being screwed over the centuries and cannot fight united is bcos of the caste divide. The caste is so important for the Hindu that even a cow is worshipped but a person belongs to lower caste is hated but for eg for a Muslim speaking Bengali he wont mind giving his daughters hand in marriage to a muslim from Somalia but not to a Hindu Bengali man(unless he converts to Islam).Such is their level of equality.
As long as the social structure of the Hindus do not change how are we supposed to fight united and as one voice?. Why should a Hindus stature in socitey be decided by his birth?.
A hindu will feel very proud and elitist if he studies with Christians in a convent school but in the same breath will look down upon other hindus studing in vernacular stream.Such mentality should be curbed.
We can start to make a difference
1)By helping less fortunate Hindus of any denomination by providing work and eductaion and money for basic survival(if necessary)
2)Ensure that we do regular satsang in our local community atleast once a week on spirituality and social issues to strenghten the community bond.
3)Ensure compulsory martial arts practise so that they can stand up and fight when needed. 4)Make sure that one member of a Hindu family kill at least one animal in a month ( be it chicken/goat/lamb) for household consumption so that he or she is not afraid of blood when time comes to defend the religion.The vegitarian Hindus need to change their mindset of ahimsa due to changing environment
4)Do not vote and always boycott secular Hindu politicians who cannot defend the Hindu cause.
5)The Hindu in their thinking and social interactions need to show their pride of their religion and their community and make sure that the non Hindus understand that and respect that.
6)If a Hindu is attacked or insulted ensure that the Hindu society around him stands besides him and suopport him as one.
7) When greeting another Hindu do not make caste an issue. If possible avoid highlighting your surname that highlights what caste u belong to.I know it is very hard but who knows this can bring Hindus to mix with each other without any socail inhibitions.
8) Ensure all Hindus to go to the temple everyday for half an hour compulsorily and once a week have a collective gathering for prayers and social discussions just as the Muslims do on Friday and christians on Sunday. No wonder they always speak as one voice.
9)This may sound absurd but given the shrinking Hindu poulation.All Hindu family to have atleast 4 children . But this is sustainable only when the support system like child care centers,schooling,college education,health facilities are easily available and at a very affordable rate. The community should subsidise this cost for all Hindu family.
10)Worshipping so many Hindu gods do not help focussing.Choose only one God and make him or her the focus of your concenetartion. This helps in strengthening the will power.
There are lot of things that we can do and need not wait for some one to lead.We can start within our family and then include our neighbours.locality etc.I am sure we shall succeed.
The time for action is now or it will be too late. Do not wait for someone to come and lead you. Self help is the best help.
No longer Om Shanti Om but Om Kranti OM from now on and never ever give up.
Har Har Mahadeva..
I am a Bangladeshi Muslim but I so proud of my Hindu ethnicity and ancestry.Hindus may worship idols but GOD IS ALWAYS IN THEIR HEART.I grew up in an Indian Hindu community in uganda and there have been no dispute between us.I equally do pujas as well as duwa.
I do not know what are the facts behind vanishing of a large number of Hindus in Bangladesh .The figures may be correct or exaggerated, but it is true that the British policy of “divide and rule” has created deep hatred in both Muslims and Hindus.Riots that began from pre 1947 till date in India subcontinent again vitiated the innocent minds of both communities.Teachings of fundamentalism in Pakistan and Afghanistan in the matter of superiority of Islam has further complicated the matter. I believe that saner elements are present in every religion. Faith can not be said to be superior or inferior. Everybody has a right to live peacefully. Let the world see a peaceful civilization.
-Bimal Chandra Jha
Hindu aur Hindushim ko The great ‘RSS’ hi bacha sakti hai.
So, I request all the Hindus to join ‘RSS’.
Bangladesh has 25% up Hindu,but it is not published publicly. When Hindu voters get voter ID CARD,they see their name prefixing ‘Mohammod’ but WHY?
Sabuj Kumar Shaha.
u r right Shaha…They dont publish it officially….Coz, they want to show that only Muslim can live in BD.Hindus and others not allowed. Thts why they have been torturing Hindu in BD from the time of immemorial..Hindus don’t get justice, Don’t get equal opportunity.Hindus face discrimination in Bangladesh.
In Bangladesh all govt’s are against Hindu… All Muslims there, are directly and indirectly extremist…
yes. u both r right. in bd the hindus are victims of islamic attack from every sides. they r losing their lands. but we should make awareness among hindu people.
Really I am very sprituated with the clash of civilaization of The Great Hindu n post-muslims as they r forced to convet their religion TGH to muslim. We are really very proud of being the part of THG and the voice of Ahimsa, Sadaachaar n Respected respecting other religion too. The post-muslims are really very anarchist made by the mutiny filling the ear by Imperial British and by the Islamic imperialism of 987. I have really a very sympathy who are the victims of such inhumane by the anarchist so-called postp-muslim in this terrain of Hindu-Civilaization. So, Nepal has its Gurkhas dal there in India since then 1947. Nepal is one and only option for peace afar from religious violence because 96% we r Hindu. Even we are Hindu as well as Bhudhists because of the sole purpose of Peace. I am really in the part of Dr J Bhattacharjee, Hinduputra. Jaya Pashupati Nath!
khatam kardo duniya se in katuo ko….
I RASHID KHAN WANT TO TELL SOME TRUTH:
Communal Muslims like Jammat e Islami, Lashkar e Toiba, Jammat ud Dwa and all Taliban factions and its supporters can create problem in sub continent by taking such brutal actions. if it is true that muslims are spreading hate which can cause destruction of Non Muslims. All hindus should try to let to understand muslims that islam is a deadliest religion and against humanity. THE TERRORISTS MUSLIMS IN PAKISTAN, AFGHANISTAN, IRAQ, IRAN are killing the MUSLIMS in the name of religion so far misinterpreted.
But,Hindus should correct their society as to avoid untouchability and trust in only one God who can help if Hindus believe in it. A SOFT MINDED,PURE RELIGIOUS PERSON, SOCIAL MINDED AND HAVING FULL AND RIGHT FAITH IN GOD NEVER GETS FRUSTATION AND PROBLEM.THE MAIN CAUSE OF FRUSTATION AND PROBLEMS AND DESTRUCTION ETC ARE ONLY SINS AND DISOBEY OF REAL RELIGIOS RULES OR GOD ENSHRINED IN VEDAS.
We should find the truth in Vedas, Bible and Quran. And what is not truth and not according to peace and harmony that should be rejected summarily.
Old Delhi, India.
Sir , is the hindu race heading towards extinction , why can’t we have a hindu republic of india, these power hungry people can go to any extent for their purposes ….they will sell even their families…….if we dont get serious now ..their will be another partition most probabily the assam and bengal will be new muslim states in future with kerala becoming the kashmir of south.throw these out right now….they are a threat to countrys security, what they do is bred like rats and teach every one to kill kafirs
Hinduism is the oldest living religion. It will remain so no matter what challenges it faces. Somewhere along the way, Dharma will play its part and inadvertently destroy the destruction caused. Not only becuase of religious beliefs but because of the destruction to mother earth.
Pingback: Bangladesh: Genocide Now, Taliban Soon Madeline Brooks **** | RUTHFULLY YOURS
Pingback: Bangladesh: Genocide Now, Taliban Soon — 1389 Blog - Counterjihad!
Pingback: Islamist Persecution of Hindus In Bangladesh _ The Islamist Cancer Spreads | Asylum Watch
Pingback: Bangladesh: Heute der Genozid – Morgen die Taliban | kopten ohne grenzen
Pingback: Count down for a Hindu-less Bangladesh. One million Hindu minorities vanished from Bangladesh in just one decade. « Struggle for Hindu Existence
Pingback: Count down for a Hindu-less Bangladesh. One million Hindu minorities vanished from Bangladesh in just one decade.News
Pingback: The Biggest Hindu Genocide in modern-times Exposed. One Crore Hindus were massacred by Pakistan Army in Bangladesh Liberation War in 1971. | Struggle for Hindu Existence
Pingback: Indian Subcontinent’s Vanishing Hindu and Other Minorities :Empire’s Last Casualty – ইস্টিশন ব্লগ