*Hindu Rights to Survive with Dignity & Sovereignty *Join Hindu Freedom Movement to make Bharat Hindu Rashtra within 2025 *Jai Shri Ram *Jayatu Jayatu Hindu Rashtram *Editor: Upananda Brahmachari.
B Upendra Reddy | HENB | Hyderabad | March 23, 2017:: Smashing the concocted charges for “Saffron Terrorism” as perpetrated by the then Congress Govt in the Center, one of the prominent Hindu face and veteran Hindu saint Swami Aseemananda is set to walk free with a Hyderabad court on Thursday giving him bail in the 2007 Mecca Masjid bomb blast case.
A court here in Hyderabad today granted bail to Swami Aseemanand in the 2007 Mecca Masjid bomb blast case. The court has already granted bail to three others in the case. Swami was arrested from Haridwar on November 19, 2010.
The court of Fourth Metropolitan Sessions Judge also granted bail to Bharat Mohanlal Rateshwar alias Bharat Bhai, a co-accused in the case.
Special Judge Ravinder Reddy granted bail to both Aseemanand and Rateshwar with the direction to produce two local sureties of Rs 50,000 each.
Aseemanand shall not leave Hyderabad without courts permission and remain present for the trial when required, the judge said.
Swami Aseemanand, whose real name is Naba Kumar Sarkar, was arrested on November 19, 2010, from Haridwar in connection with the blast at the Mecca Masjid here on May 18, 2007, which had killed nine persons.
On March 8 this year, Aseemanand and six others were acquitted in the 2007 Ajmer blast case by a court in Jaipur. He was then brought from Jaipur and lodged in a prison here.
Seeking bail, the defence pointed out that Aseemanandhad been acquitted in the Ajmer case while an Ambala court had granted him bail in the 2007 Samjhauta Express blast case.
A total of 166 witnesses have been examined in the trial of the Mecca Masjid case and over 100 are yet to be examined.
Three of the eight accused in the case are already on bail. The National Investigation Agency (NIA) had taken over the case from the CBI.
The bail comes as another relief for Aseemanand, a member of Abhinav Bharat, who was acquitted by a Jaipur court in Ajmer Dargah blast earlier this month. The agency, sources said, is also studying the NIA Jaipur court’s order acquitting Aseemanand in Ajmer blast and will be taking a legal opinion in it.
Meanwhile, NIA also approached the Jaipur court on Thursday asking it how the agency should clarify the clean chit given to Sadhvi Pragya Singh in the Ajmer blast.
The court, while sentencing two persons, Devendra Gupta and Bhavesh Patel on Wednesday to life imprisonment, had asked NIA to clarify the clean chit given to Singh without filing a closure report.
Sadhvi Pragya Singh was initially a suspect in Ajmer blast case along with senior RSS functionary Indresh Kumar but their name was not included by NIA in its chargesheet stating that it didn’t have any prosecution worthy evidence against them.
“We informed the Jaipur court on Thursday that we can file a closure report if it wants as there is no evidence against them,” said a source in NIA.
Sadhvi Pragya Singh’s bail in 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case is also likely to be finalised soon as NIA is learnt to have submitted all the documents asked for by the court. She has already been given a clean chit by the agency in Malegaon blast probe due to lack of evidence and agency has not opposed her bail.
The tortoise pace of Indian Judiciary system, eventually cuts short of the life of many accused who are languishing in jails out of suspect of fake charges.