Fifteen RSS Activists and animal rights activists attacked by 350 Fanatic Muslims for stopping cow slaughter in Bangalore.
Bangalore | Source~VSK & TOI | 5 July 2013 :: At least 15 RSS activists, other Hindu leaders and activists from Animal Protection forum were injured in an unexpected attack at Muslim dense Islampur area next to Annasandrapalya near HAL at Bangalore last night. RSS Halasur Nagar Karyavah Anjaneyalu is seriously injured, his condition is critical, said a local RSS leader. Strangely, everything happened in the presence of police on Thursday night ad the cops were also roughed up by the Islamic goons.
Tension prevailed near Annasandrapalya (remaned as Islampur), off Old Airport Road, after a group of animal rights activists and RSS men jointly attempted to raid what they claimed was a cow slaughterhouse on Thursday night. Peace returned to the area on Friday and the police confirmed there was no evidence of any slaughterhouse. However, five men were arrested for the violence that ensued.
On Thursday night, the activists were confronted by locals. According to a complaint filed with the HAL police, seven activists, including a woman, were attacked by the 200-strong mob.
Seven activists and two policemen were admitted to HAL Hospital and Chinmaya Mission Hospital. The condition of some of the injured, B Basavaraj and Anjaneyalu, is said to serious. Police have detained five men for their alleged involvement in the attack.
Pic. L to R. 1 Police Jeep was attacked by Muslim Mob. 2. A Karyakarta at Hospital with minor injuries explaining the details. 3. RSS Karyakarta Rahul Ramaswamy met with serious injuries, his bike was burnt at Muslim dense Islampur, Bangalore.
- At around 9pm, On a specific information given by a brave techie girl Sherine about a vehicle carrying cows for slaughtering. Animal rights activist, Joshine Antony, 23, spotted a truck carrying 30 heads of cattle at a traffic signal on Old Airport Road on Thursday evening. She then called her friends over and they went to the police station to file a complaint and get help to raid the ground where the cattle was kept. RSS team immediately came to action and stopped the vehicle with the help of local police.
- RSS team insisted to file a complaint, FIR was lodged in HAL police station. But few youth with the vehicle and associated with transport of cows escaped.
- To identify and catch them, Police team along with RSS swayamsevaks, the brave informer Sherine and Joshine Antony went to Islampur, a Muslim dominant area. All followed the truck, which went up to an open ground next to Annasandrapalya, behind HAL helicopter complex.
- On arrival of RSS team to the area, nearly 350 goondas attacked RSS Karyakarta’s including police, Joshine Antony and Sherine. RSS Swayamsevaks vehicles were damaged, set to fire, burnt. Police vehicle also damaged. Anti-social elements attacked on Sherine too, humiliated her within the police vehicle. She was so brave to face those goondas. She was safe as Swayamsevaks were there around
- Attack continued, RSS Kartakarta’s Rahul Ramaswamy, Halasur Nagar Sahkaryavah Anjaneyulu, Krishna Hatwar, Sadashiva, BJP’s Prashanth and many others were seriously injured.
- Injured RSS activists were immediately hospitalised.
- RSS top functionaries Dr Giridhar Upadhayaya, Ramaswamy, Prakash Raju, Krishna Gunaga, Senior Police officers like Addtional Commissioner Kamal Panth, DCP Harsha and few Media channels arrived at the spot as they heard about the attack.
- On Friday morning at 9.30am RSS, VHP activists staged a massive protest in front of HAL Police Station, demanded to arrest all culprits behind this attack and illegal Cow transport for slaughtering.
RSS Condemns the attack:
RSS State Joint General Secretary Prof BV Sridharswamy condemned the attack and said “We strongly condemn this attack on our Karyakarta’s. Through this, Our Karyakarta’s again alarmed the government, to take immediate steps to be taken on illegal cow transports for slaughtering. We request the Government, Police and Society to join hands to stop illegal transport of Cows for slaughtering” .