*Hindu Rights to Survive with Dignity & Sovereignty *Join Hindu Freedom Movement to make Bharat Hindu Rashtra within 2025 *Jai Shri Ram *Jayatu Jayatu Hindu Rashtram *Editor: Upananda Brahmachari.
B. Upendran | HENB | Coimbatore | Feb 24, 2017:: Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the 112-foot tall ‘Face of Adiyogi’ at Isha Yoga Centre in Coimbatore today. Here are the highlights from his speech, where he talks about the spirit of oneness, strength in diversity and importance of Yoga
* From Kashi to Coimbatore, Lord Shiva is everywhere. Like crores of Indians, I too am delighted to be part of Maha Shivratri. We are merely a drop in the ocean. Through centuries countless devotees have lived of every age and time. The divine is always the same. This longing throbs in the core of every human heart.
* Mahashivratri symbolizes a union of divinity with a purpose of overcoming darkness and injustice.
* Standing before this 112 feet statue, a colossal presence envelops everyone. This place will be a source of inspiration, where a person can learn about oneself and discover truth.
* India has given the gift of Yoga to the world, by practicing Yoga a spirit of oneness is created. It reminds of Lord Shiva’s inclusive spirit.
* Yoga has come a long way. Various definitions, schools and ways to practice Yoga have emerged. This is the beauty of Yoga – ancient and modern, constant yet evolving.
* Rejecting an idea just because it is ancient can be potentially harmful. It is essential to analyze and understand it and try to take it to the new generation in a manner in which they understand best.
* Yoga is a cataclysmic agent ushering transformation, from jiva to shiva .
* By practicing yoga, spirit of oneness is created in the mind, body and intellect. Yoga is the journey from ‘me’ to ‘we’.
* If the body is a temple of the mind, Yoga creates a beautiful temple. That is why I call yoga a passport to health assurance.
* Today, the whole world wants peace, not only from wars and conflicts but peace from stress, and for that we have Yoga.
* Yoga is far beyond physical exercises, through yoga we will create a new era of togetherness and harmony.
* India is a land of unparalleled diversity. It can be seen, heard, felt, touched and tasted. Diversity has been our greatest strength and it has brought India together.
* In our culture, the role of women is central. So many goddesses are worshipped. Women have shattered stereotypes and made a place for themselves in every field.
After PM Modi unveiled a 112-foot Lord Shiva statue at Isha Foundation in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, the spiritual Guru and mystic Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev consecrated the statue.
On this Maha Shivratri celebration, Modi lighted the sacred fire to commence the ‘Maha Yoga Yagna’ across the world, when one million people would take an oath to teach a simple form of yoga to at least 100 persons in the coming year.
First of the four planned statues
This is not to be the only one of its kind; there are also plans to have 112-foot-tall faces of Shiva in three other parts of the country — one each in the North, the East and the West, in addition to the one at Coimbatore.
“We want to place these tall faces of ‘Adiyogi’ in four corners of the country. The first one is in Coimbatore. The eastern one will most likely be in Varanasi. For the North, it will be somewhere north of Delhi, and there will be one in Mumbai as well,” Vasudev told IANS over email.
Particulars of the statue
The face of the idol will be made of steel. Vasudev said, “The face is not just for aesthetics, it has geometric significance. A unique way of crafting a metal statue. We have essentially taken small pieces of metal and put it together. This is a very hard way to do it, but the most inexpensive. This is also unique — it hasn’t been used elsewhere,” he said.
According to one official, the structure is estimated to weigh around 500 tonnes.
An incredible engineering feat
“We took about two and a half years to design the face, but our in-house team built it in eight months. It is an incredible feat of engineering and has been done in a very unique way,” Vasudev said. “It is an incredible feat in terms of time and engineering. We have done it on a small budget, in quite an ingenious manner. Also, we have made ‘Adiyogi’ in such way that it needs least amount of maintenance, which is important in the long-term.”
Why is the statue 112-foot?
Queried about the significance of the figure 112 feet, Vasudev said, “Symbolically, 112 is a significant number, because ‘Adiyogi’ opened up 112 possibilities for human beings to reach their ultimate potential. For the first time in the history of humanity, He introduced the idea that the simple laws of nature are not permanent restrictions. If one is willing to strive, one can go beyond all limitations and attain liberation.”
Vasudev also said there is also a scientific significance — there are 112 chakras in the human system, with which you can work, to explore 112 dimensions of life. “This face is not a deity or temple, this is an iconic inspiration. In pursuit of the divine, you don’t have to look up, because it not somewhere else. Each of the 112 possibilities is a method to experience the divine within you. You just have to pick one,” Vasudev added.
Largest statue face on the planet
In a statement, the Isha Foundation said that the statue’s face will be largest in the world. The idea is not to build one more monument but to use it as a galvanising force towards self-transformation, it said. “This iconic face symbolises liberation, representing the 112 ways in which one can attain the ultimate through the science of yoga,” the statement said.
Significance of Adiyogi
According to Vasudev, Shiva is not known as God but as ‘Adiyogi’ — or the first yogi, the originator of yoga — in the yogic culture. He was the one who first put this seed in the human mind, that one can evolve if one is willing to strive.
“For the first time in the history of humanity, He introduced the idea that the simple laws of nature are not permanent restrictions. If one is willing to strive, one can go beyond all limitations and attain liberation, moving humanity from assumed stagnation to conscious evolution,” Vasudev said in the statement.
Yoga went throughout the world, not as a religion or a belief system or philosophy but as methods. Over time, there have been distortions, but still, unknowingly, millions of people across the planet are doing some yogic practice. “This is the only thing in the history of humanity that has lived for so long without ever being forced upon people,” Vasudev said.
Jaggi Vasudeva welcomed PM Modi adorning him with a silk robe with a picture of Adi Yogi on it. PM Modi delivered his maiden speech describing Yoga as potential menace to fill this world with love, compassion, brotherhood, excellence and divinity.
Describing the significance of Adiyogi, Vasudev said, “It is essential that the coming generations are seekers, not believers. As philosophies, ideology and belief systems that don’t stand the test of logic and scientific verification will naturally collapse in the coming decades, you will see the longing for liberation will rise. When that longing rises, ‘Adiyogi’ and the science of Yoga will become very important.”
It is reported that some protesters urged Modi not to attend Isha Foundation event+ for the cause of alleged violations of construction and environmental norms. But that was refuted by Isha Foundation summarily.
PM Modi greeted the nation on the holy occasion of Maha Shivratri.
__inputs from IANS and HT.