[…] How Hindu Rishi Sunak is Big Problem for Some UK Muslims […]
*Hindu Rights to Survive with Dignity & Sovereignty *Join Hindu Freedom Movement to make Bharat Hindu Rashtra within 2025 *Jai Shri Ram *Jayatu Jayatu Hindu Rashtram *Editor: Upananda Brahmachari.
Tags: Kashmiri Pandit , Kashmir Shrines , Temples Bill , Jammu and Kashmir
Published by: Noor Khan
Published: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 at 19:07 ISTF Prev Next LJammu: The Kashmiri Pandit Sabha today demanded the passage of the Kashmir Shrines and Temples Bill, saying it would ensure protection and preservation of the temples in Kashmir valley.
“We demand that the Kashmir Shrines and Temples Bill be passed in the assembly after tabling it in the House. The bill would help in preservation and protection of the temples and shrines in Kashmir valley by setting up a trust under it,” KPS president B L Sadhu told reporters here.
Sadhu also hailed the package of 15,000 jobs for displaced Kashmiri Pandits in Jammu and Kashmir and said, “The state government should act speedily on it to rebuild confidence among the community”.
Just in the last year (2008) when a visitor from Bengal went to Pahelgaam to join Holy Amarnath Yatra, surprisingly saw a MUSLIM PRIEST cum CARE TAKER in an Old Shiva Temple ,named MAMALAKA SHIVA TEMPLE upon the near by rock across the river ‘Leader’. The man named Abdul is given an honorarium of Rs. 2000/- pm from the State Custody.
Built on the right bank of the Lidder river by Raja Jai Suria (1128-1155 AD), the 8 sq ft temple was a popular destination for everyone on a pilgrimage to the Amarnath cave shrine. Till 1990, the temple, a property of the Jammu and Kashmir State Archaeology, Archives and Museum Department and a protected monument, had Pandit Radha Krishan, who hailed from Ganeshpora, responsible for its maintenance. This Temple is an unique 900-year-old Shiva temple with a two-foot “shivaling”. Some Hindus beleive that it is Oldest Mamalewsar Joytirliga Temple where the Pandava came to the course of their Vanabas ( Exile to the Forest).
But with militancy rising in the 1990s, Pandit Radha Krishan was made to leave along with other Hindus of the area, abandoning the temple. So far the Temple is maintained by the local muslims, rather made easier to capture that temple.
This is not a case to be singled out. There are so many cases of destruction and Muslim occupation of Hindu Temples here and there in Kashmir. Those who believe that destruction of Hindu Temples are nothing but an aftermath of December 1992, Ayodhoya Babri destruction, they are simply wrong. Here is a short list of Temple destruction list of Kashmir before Dec 1992. More over, the pro-muslim J&K Government do not maintain the Old Hindu Heritage Hindu Temples & Shrines properly.
List of Temples Destroyed by the Islamic Terrorists
The following is based on a report published in Nav Bharat Times (Feb. 18, 93) New Delhi, the Hindi Daily of the Times of India Group of papers.
According to a report from Home Ministry official, 36 temples were the butt of communal violence In 1986, 8 in 1988, 12 in 1989, 8 in 1990, 5 in 1991, and 24 in 1992. The report carries the names of the temples, their addresses, the mode of attack, date and the extent of damage done. The following is the 1ist of the temples hit by communal violence in J&K on the basis of Home Ministry Report.
|YEAR 1986 SRINAGAR, FEBRUARY 20-21
1. Ganpatyar temple, Srinagar – Stoned – Window panes broken.
2. Bhairav temple, Maisuma – Stoned – minor damage
3. Temple in front of Gurudwara at Amiradadal – ransacked – no damage
to the building.
4. Shiv temple, Jawaharnagar – attempted arson – minor damage to a window,
5. Bhairav Mandir, Karan Nagar – attempted arson – Carpet burnt, no
damage to the building.
6, Shiv temple near secretariat – attempted arson – minor damage.
7. Shiv Mandir, Chota Bazar-60-70 rioter tried to attack the temple; police
fired four rounds in the air – no damage,
8. Narayan Math Mandir in Tulsi Bagh – attempted arson and stoning –
minor damage to windowpanes and door.….. ….
\ANANTNAG DISTRICT, FEBRUARY 20 -21
PULWAMA DISTRICT, FEBRUARY 20-21
BARAMULLA DISTRICT, FEBRUARY 20-21
ANANTNAG DISTRICT, FEBRUARY 24-25
BADGAM DISTRICT, FEBRUARY 24-25
BARAMULA DISTRICT, FEBRUARY 24-25
| YEAR 1988 SRINAGAR DISTRICT, AUGUST 15
1. Ram Mandir, Maharajganj, Srinagar – attempt to arson – minor damage.
2. Shiv Mandir, Sarafkadal, Srinagar – stoned – minor damage. …..
BARAMULLA DISTRICT, AUGUST 18
PULWAMA DISTRICT, AUGUST 21
ANANTAG DISTRICT, AUGUST 19
DODA DISTRICT, OCT0BER 27
|YEAR 1989 SRINAGAR DISTRICT (MARCH 24 TO NOV. 2)
1. Shri Ram mandir’s Hall, Barbarshah Srinagar – explosion – minor damage.
2. Shiv Mandir Chota Bazar, Srinagar, Fully damaged.
3. Shri Raghunath Mandir, Srinagar – attempt to arson – minor damaqe.
4. Building of Ramkrishna Ashram, Chota Bazar, Srinagar-arsoned-minor damage.… ….
PULWAMA DISTRICT, OCTOBER 3
BADGAM DISTRICT, OCTOBER 21
|YEAR 1990 SRINAGAR DISTRICT
1. Arya Samaj Mandir and School, Srinagar – explosion an 10th Feb. Minor damage
2. Shri Raghunath Mandir, Srinagar – attempted arson on 24th Feb., minor damage.
3. Arya Samaj Mandir and School Wazir Bagh, Srinagar – explosion on 21st July – heavy damage.
4. Shri Ram Mandir, Babarshah Srinagar – Conference Hall attacked with rocket on 2nd Sept . – minor damage .
5. Shitalnath Mandir, Srinagar – arsoned on 18th Nov. – heavy damage. ….
|YEAR 1991 ANANTNAG DISTRICT
1. Nagbal Mandir, Anantnag – Explosion – Minor damage.
2-3. Shri Raghunath Mandir, Anantnag – Explosion, Grenade thrown – minor damage. ….
SRINAGAR DISTRICT, APRIL 13
|YEAR 1992All arsoned; and minor damages:
1. Raghunath Mandir, Karafali Mohalla, Srinagar – 8 May. ….Months before Dec, 2009 Source : http://ikashmir.net/templesdestroyed/7.html There are other 23 in the temple destruction list after 6th Dec, 2009. Visit the above link for details. Though the Govt. of J&K declared the damages are minor, these are sufficient to hurt the dignity of Hindus to a great extent.