*Hindu Rights to Survive with Dignity & Sovereignty *Join Hindu Freedom Movement to make Bharat Hindu Rashtra within 2025 *Jai Shri Ram *Jayatu Jayatu Hindu Rashtram *Editor: Upananda Brahmachari.
“With profound pain and sorrow, this is to inform all that His Holiness Nirankari Baba Hardev Singh Ji Maharaj has merged into this Almighty God. He was travelling in a car in Canada which met with a serious accident at about 5.00 am (IST) today,” a statement issued by Sant Nirankari Mandal said.
Baba Hardev Singh was in Canada holding spiritual meetings. The second Nirankari International Samagam (NIS) was scheduled to held in June at Toronto. The theme of this international meet was humanness.
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed a deep grief on the sad demise of Baba Hardev Singh Ji.
Condoling Baba Hardev death, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, “Baba Hardev Singh’s demise is tragic & a great loss to the spiritual world. My thoughts are with his countless followers in this sad time.”
Congress chief Sonia Gandhi has also expressed her grief over Hardev Singh’s death.
“Congress President has expressed shock and grief over passing away of Baba Nirankari Hardev Singh Ji, Head of Nirankari Samaj, in road accident,” a statement issued by the Congress said.
“Nirankari Baba Shri Hardev Singh passed away in a road accident in Montreal. Really sad to hear about his demise. Baba Hardev Singh’s demise is a loss to the nation. He was doing a lot of service for the people. I have personally seen his samagams,” BJP leader Shahnawaz Hussain said.
– Baba Hardev Singh, who was popularly know as Nirankari Baba, headed the Sant Nirankari Mission. He took over as the chief of the mission in 1980 when his father Gurbachan Singh was assassinated by Akhand Kirtani Bhai Ranjit Singh. Baba Gurbachan Singh claimed himself as a Guru discarding the Sikh faith of 1oth Guru order and the position of Guru Grath Saheb.
– Hardev Singh Ji was born on February 23, 1954 in Delhi and did his early schooling from Rosary Public School, Sant Nirankari Colony, Delhi.
– He joined the Nirankari Sewa Dal as its primary member in 1971. He graduated from Delhi University.
– He married Savinder Kaur during an annual Nirankari Sant Samagam in Delhi in the year 1975.
– Baba Hardev Singh usually preaches peace and harmony for his followers through self realization and self rectification.
– Sant Nirankari Mission was established in 1929 in west Punjab, by Baba Buta Singh who previously belonged to the Nirankari sect.
– After partition in 1947, the mission shifted its base to Delhi from Pakistan at the time of Nirankari Chief Baba Avtar Singh Ji.
– The organization had over 100 branches spread across 27 countries by 2009.
– The sect has millions of followers across the world.
– The Nirankari Mission Book, “Avtar Vani” was actually written in Gurmukhi, but it is now available in all most all the Indian languages.